|14 - received project, created network diagram.|
|21 - Clean Fedora Core 6 server install complete |
|24 - Core server components installed via yum: Sendmail, Dovecot, ClamAV, SpamAssassin, Bind, Apache, Squirrelmail, DHCP. Updated Fedora using yum |
|28 - Configured DNS, DHCP and |
|29 - Configured Sendmail, Dovecot, Squirrelmail, ClamAv, Spamassassin|
|5 - Installed basic Kubunutu worksation, Verified iptable is running.|
|12 - Configured Apache. Install GAIM (instant messenger), Open Office was installed on workstation. Verified workstation was able to pull an IP address and DNS|
|22 - Website created and uploaded to server|
|26 - Configured firewall, Configured POP mail on workstation|
|2 - Review configuration and verified services are running. Performed an update. Sent test email messages to member accounts.|
- Server and workstation unable to browse the Internet. Ran ifconfig and realized wrong gateway IP address was set in the dhcpd.conf
- After everything was configured, attempted to upgrade to Fedora Core 7. After installation, many things stopped working. Reverted back to Fedora Core 6.
- Updated ClamAV to the newest version. Not compatible with Fedora Core 6. Reverted back to older engine
- DHCP service not starting. Added the line "ddns-update-style interim;" to /etc/dhdpd.conf. Reviewed /var/log/messages to catch error.
- Clamd (ClamAV) would not start. Incorrect socket error message on startup. Had to make sure the socket was the same in /etc/clamd.d/milter.conf; /etc/sysconfig/clamav.milter and /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
- Configured DNS in Webmin. Named now has trouble shutting down. Service is still functioning.
- Installed Fedora Core 6. Used default partition structure. Removed all software packages via the customize now option. After install, configured Linux firewall to allow the default ports and add port 53 tcp/udp, port 110, and port 143. Configured SeLinux to allow Httpd to access network.
- Performed the following via command line: yum -y install sendmail bind dovecot clamav* dhcp httpd bind-config spamassassin spamass-milter dovecot* apr apr-util squirrelmail - this installed the antivirus / antispam, web server, DNS, DHCP, web mail access and mail server components. Also installed dependencies.
- Updated Fedora Core 6 installation and components: yum -y update
- Created static ip address,/etc/config/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0 - for server and edited /etc/dhcpd.conf then service dhcpd restart
- Edited /etc/hosts and /etc/named.conf. then service named restart
- Edit /etc/httpd/httpd.conf. ckconfig httpd on, service httpd restart
- Edited /etc/dovecot.conf. Then service dovecot restart
- Edited /etc/clamd.d/milter.conf, /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter, /etc/sysconfig/freshclam. service clamav-milter restart
- Edited /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin and /etc/sysconfig/spamass-milter. Then chkconfig spamassassin on. chkconfig spamass-milter on. service spamass-milter restart and service spamassassin restart
- Edited /etc/mail/sendmail.mc. service sendmail restart